Saturday 11 April 2009

How to counteract a downswing?

Any answers on a postcard.
I have lost any confidence that I had in my cash game so rather than skinning fishes over the Easter weekend i am playing silly tournaments,sit and goes and a bit of omaha.Any moves that I have tried to make recently fail and prove rather expensive as the other player inevitably has me beat.
Omaha got me thinking a bit more and proved a pleasant distraction.
SNGoes took me back a few years and they haven't changed much.
I lasted for about 3 hours in a freezeout tonight and finished in profit but it doesn't make up for the lack of cash action.

2 comments:

Littleacornman said...

Take a break,review hand histories,step down a level,play less tables and don't mention on your blog when it seems to be over as the poekr gods don't like that!

Anonymous said...

As my Scottish friend above e suggests, take a break and a total one. Don't read any forums, blogs or talk to mates about poker, fire up the Xbox and blow stuff up, have a wank or kick the dog, anything but poker for a day or two!